Vice President of Governmental Affairs: Craig Hill, Lenoir County Commissioner and Chairman, Lenoir County Board of Commissioners
Staff: Laura Lee Sylvester, Chamber President
Governmental Affairs is responsible to the Board of Directors for activities and projects that address public policy issues that affect the business climate and business community of Kinston and Lenoir County. In addition, these activities will inform Chamber membership of identified public policy issues and solicit input from Chamber membership in regards to their own concerns.
The Governmental Affairs Committee follows a procedure to identify and monitor issues relevant to Chamber members. Ongoing discussions with city, county and state officials will increase awareness and build relationships. The goal is to work as partners for the betterment of our community.
Special Projects include:
- Wake-Up Lenoir series offering the opportunity to dialogue with our city, county and state government officials and community leaders on topics relevant to the business community
- Involvement in the N.C. Eastern Alliance Chamber Executives Legislative Agenda
- Identification, education, and involvement with local issues
- Increase support for public education
- Ongoing communication with our State Representatives about legislative issues affecting our membership
- Participation in the Lenoir County Transportation Committee